(A quarterly, refereed periodical)
Strategic Visions is a scholarly, refereed periodical published quarterly by the Emirates Center for Strategic Studies and Research (ECSSR), focusing on political, economic, legal, social, media and security issues, including applications of information technology in the study of the humanities.
The content of the publication reflects one of the Center’s founding principles—serving the community by supporting the development of academic research and education through the publication of rigorous, strategic studies in various fields. Such studies are subject to strict publication standards, and are undertaken by outstanding academics and researchers from the UAE, the GCC, the broader Arab world and beyond.
- Highlight issues of strategic interest to the UAE, the Gulf, Arab communities, and a broader international audience.
- Encourage academic research from UAE universities, as well as elsewhere in the Gulf, the Arab world, and other parts of the world.
- Enrich existing research in the fields of economics, political science, law, the social sciences, media and security, and supporting the application of information technology in the humanities through the publication of relevant studies and research.
- Identify potential future issues relating to the UAE, GCC countries, Arab region and the rest of the world.
- Highlight immediate strategic challenges and potential threats, within the publication’s core research areas.
- Enhance existing mechanisms of academic cooperation between the Center, universities and other institutions.
- Contribute to the development and advancement of university education in the UAE, the GCC countries and the Arab world.
- Foster a spirit of creativity, innovation and scientific competition, and pave the way for further academic improvement.
- Affirm the academic reputation of the Emirates Center for Strategic Studies and Research.
Target Audience of the Publication
- Academics, researchers and postgraduate students at universities and research centers in the UAE, the GCC, Arab world and beyond.
- Universities, research centers and government officials.
- Regional and international bodies and organizations, media outlets, and experts in the publication’s subject areas.
Ethos of the Publication
Strategic Visions is committed to setting new academic publishing standards, reflecting the status of the ECSSR. It aspires to become one of the most prominent scholarly refereed periodicals through which contributing academics seek to promote their research. It also aims to become a reliable source of specialized research and scholarship, presenting studies of the highest standard in terms of methodology, referencing and academic best practice. Moreover, Strategic Visions seeks to play a major role in serving the academic research community, supporting decision-making processes and identifying issues of future importance to the UAE, the GCC, the broader Arab world and beyond.